The Hawkins Family

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Navigators 2:7

So on Wednesday nights I am in a bible study with some of the ladies from the church. The study is called Navigators 2:7. The idea of the study is to give you more of a foundation of faith and knowledge of the scriptures, so that you can share your faith and your story. I was so encouraged by all of the wonderful ladies in the class. There are only ten of us, but these ladies are all kind, open, and eager to learn. If you have never heard of the Navigators series, I highly recommend it. It is a really involving series with three books. I am of course in book one, where you learn to "sharpen your quiet time and memorize key verses on the most essential elements to Christian living". I am very excited about the journey ahead. I am sure that I will have so much more to talk about as the class continues. I pray that God will open my eyes to his word and my heart to his lessons that he teaches me daily.

Our memory verse for next time is:
"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:11-12

No comments: