The Hawkins Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pompeii

I had such big plans for us to see all of Pompeii AND climb Mt. Vesuvius.  Obviously, I forgot who I was going with.  We had to make decisions and sacrifices and we sacrificed Vesuvius for the ruins.  Taris had a marvelous time going inch by inch.  (Don't get me wrong, they were really interesting the first three hours, but all of the house start to look the same as the day wears on.)  We took the Circumvesuviana train out there and back and opted to go full public transport to get to the train station as opposed to paying the extra 2 euros each to take the Alibus.  I am really getting into the adventure of it all these days.  Pompeii was nice, quiet, and very historic.  Enjoy the pictures.



Vesuvius in the background








The baths


Beware of the dog


hydrating in the middle of the ruins


used to grind wheat


one of the many bakeries found


great hand mosaic work and got Taris and I in the picture




another mosaic piece


the Pompeii colosseum

No comments: