The Hawkins Family

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mason and the Airplanes

Mason loves airplanes.  I mean fascinated by them.  He leaves in our old neighborhood...right by the base.  So, he passes by the airplanes ALL the time and always wants to stop and look at them.  While I was in town visiting him and meeting his new brother, I volunteered to take him to look at the planes.  He can be a pretty shy kid, so I never thought that he would actually follow through with going with me...by himself...to the air park and ALL of the planes.  I drove the MASSIVE truck...for those of you that don't know, that is a huge upgrade from my little Saturn...up to the base.  We parked and Mason hoped into the stroller.  I walked him all around the place.  Across from the air park is the golf course.  We stood on the sidewalk for 45 minutes watching group after group drive the cart, hit the ball, and drive off.  "We" never could figure out where they went after they drove off.  We of course had to stop and look at Uncle T's plane.  Mason LOVES his Uncle T so much more than his Auntie E, but I think that after this little excursion I may be catching up a little.  Enough about me...join for my trip down memory lane at our old base and all of the airplanes.



Mason with Uncle T's plane

Oh the four fans of freedom...sixteen blades of justice how I have missed you

Mason loved this plane.  Because it was blue.  He asked where all of the blue planes were.  I told him that we didn't have any blue planes.  He asked why and I said that grey matched the sky.  He looked at me and said, "Auntie E the sky is blue".


Mason with his blue plane

The "other" plane at Dyess.  The C-130 doesn't really exist.  Just this one.

No comments: