The Hawkins Family

Thursday, February 14, 2008

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

...find out what it means to me. For those of you that may not know, I have been taking a class on Tuesday nights at my church on the Love and Respect book by Dr. Emerson Eggriches. It has been an excellent class and I totally recommend the book. So, in honor of Valentine's day I wanted to impart my wisdom of 27 years (with help from the book) on love. The main thing that I have learned is that men do not respond to the word love as women do. Men respond to the word respect. So, I challenge you...instead of telling your man/husband/significant other that you love him, tell him that you respect him. You respect him for choosing to provide for the family. You respect his willingness to protect you (and the kids and the dogs) at all cost. You respect that he chooses to be the head of your household. Choose a different way of expressing yourself and see where it gets you! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: