The Hawkins Family

Friday, February 29, 2008

Eliot Mooney



I stumbled upon this blog and video the other day. I am not sure why I am so moved or interested in this chromosomal problem that is Trisomy 18 (Edward's syndrome), but I am. I can't explain it. Maybe it is my own struggle with kids...or the lack there of. Maybe it is the idea that I might have this defect in my genes and don't know it...most of these cases abort themselves within the first trimester. Maybe it is their unfailing faith in God through the three months that Eliot was on this earth. Maybe it is the verse that appears at the end of the video. Whatever it is, may this video move you in the same way that it moved me. Grab a Kleenex!

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." -Job 1:21


To learn more about this syndrome go to :
http://www.trisomy18.org/

No comments: