The Hawkins Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Glass Making

While making salt, we discovered that we could create some glass items.  We decided to make beads.  It was SO much fun.  After all three of us made beads, Kathleen and Taris created key chains (Taris made mine) and I made a necklace for Taris.  Brace yourselves...more pictures.

the color options


Starting my glass bead


Kathleen making her bead


Not my best look, but it is one of the few that I am in


Taris starting his bead


Taris melting the glass for his bead (for me)


Finally built on the rod.  Making it even and smooth



The beads cooling...it took an hour


The extra beads used to make our items


Taris making my key chain


Kathleen's key chain


Taris with the key chain he made for me


Taris sporting his new necklace

No comments: