The Hawkins Family

Sunday, April 13, 2008

RATS!!!

So, it was a typical Sunday in Wal-mart. My neighbor and I go every Sunday to do our grocery shopping. There isn't a lot of options in the metropolis that we live in here in Florida....your options are Wal-mart or Winn-Dixie. Wal-mart is cheaper...so that is usually where we end up. For some reason, neither one of us had a lot to get...milk, cheese, and produce. We were on our way back up to the front of the store and what do we see...a rat running from produce and attempting to make a bee line for the dairy section! I am from Texas and I will be the first to admit that when we lived in our old house, there was a very small field mouse that took up residence in our home. The animal was eventually eradicated, but never the less, not a great feeling to have. With that being said, I have been up close and personal with small rodents. Believe me when I tell you...this thing was not a mouse! It was a full fledged RAT. It was the kind you see on television when there are shows on about New York. Needless to say, we decided that day that we would through our budgets to the wind and get our produce at Winn-Dixie. And that is the story of how I spent less than $20 at Wal-mart on a Sunday grocery shopping trip!

No comments: