The Hawkins Family

Monday, April 14, 2008

My Nose

So, I attempted to play with Roxanne and Kacey this morning before I headed out for work. Kacey couldn't find her ball, so I was throwing with Roxanne until she found it. I bent down to pick up Roxanne's ball, when Kacey decides to jump. The top of her head goes right into the bottom of my nose. (Did I mention that it was 6:15 outside and I was not all the way awake...I certainly was then.) Immediately my eyes started to water, my hand went straight to my nose to make sure that it was still there, and I had flashbacks to the day that Rachel, my sister, broke her nose falling into Alexis', my other sister, door jam...she still claims that we pushed her, but that is unsubstantiated. As I am holding my nose, it starts to gush with blood. I run inside, grab some tissue, and get to work to start the bleeding...I hate putting my nose back because then all that blood...well you know. Anyway, the bleeding stops, there is no major swelling on the bridge, and I can somewhat breathe. I will say this...my gums and teeth hurt and I can't stand to have to blow my nose or sneeze. I think that I will survive!

1 comment:

The Perkins' said...

Maybe your nose was broken by someone/something else also! Serves you right trying to make a joke about Alexis breaking my nose. Have we learned a lesson here? Don't make a joke about something you did not witness! It might come back to haunt you. Sorry about your nose. I know how you feel, only I got the wind knocked out ot me. I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully blowing your nose will get a little easier. Love you!