The Hawkins Family

Friday, April 18, 2008

Alarm Clocks

I woke up today at 6:45...according to the alarm! (Which is not good since I have to leave the house by 7:00 each morning to get to work on time!) It is Friday, which means that it was poker night last night for Taris and it is never a good thing that the alarm is on his side of the bed. (Although in his defense, he is good about hitting snooze. My tendency is to just turn it off...a much bigger problem!) Anyway, I woke up frantic and then I looked at the "back-up" alarm...it said 5:45. When the alarm went off this morning, Taris had a hard time finding the HUGE snooze button and hit all of the other buttons just right, which caused the time on the clock to advance one hour. We fixed it, Taris went back to bed, and I got in the shower.

I know that you are saying to yourself...how is she so smart to look at the other alarm? Well, this is not the first time that Taris has hit the buttons wrong on the alarm. About a month ago on a Friday (ironically), Taris hit the alarm and somehow the time was advanced on the clock by TWO hours! This was before the time change so it was not odd that it was still pitch black out. I rushed to the shower, threw my clothes on, let the dogs out, played and fed them, and got in my car to leave. Believe me when I say that I made it to the end of my street before I looked at the clock in my car and realized that it was only 4:50! I turned back to the house and caught up on some television while cleaning the kitchen. From now on, I look at both alarms before getting out of bed...just to be on the safe side.

No comments: