The Hawkins Family

Friday, January 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life- New Year Resolutions

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


My Top 5 Goals for 2010


1. Become a better wife.  I know this seems strange since I will be single for most of 2010, but the distance will force me to become a better communicator, more compassionate, and speak his love language.

2. Become involved in something bigger than me!  Lately I have had this desire to volunteer somewhere.  There is a pregnancy shelter down the road that I have contacted and am really looking forward to becoming involved with.  Not only with volunteer work but be more involved in my church.  Take a class...lead a class...something to help me stay focused on what is truly important in this world.

3. Become decluttered and organized.  Now Taris would say that my mom needs to come and visit, but I am going to attempt it on my own.  Our accumulation of stuff is OUT OF CONTROL...and it has to stop.  My desire is "less is more" and free cycle is going to help me!

4. Solve my health problems.  Taris and I have been married over eight years, but have not been successful in having kids.  I can feel it...2010 is our year.  I have the year to have tests run, get to the bottom of the problem, and find a solution.

5. Learn how to use Photo Shop.  I don't care if I have to lock myself in my house, but I am determined to figure it out!  (I plan on mastering this one while on my sabbatical from work in Italy.)

6. Become debt free!  I have crunched the numbers and it CAN be done...and I am giddy at the idea.

No comments: