The Hawkins Family

Friday, March 7, 2008

Survived!

I know that most of have been waiting to see if I survived my first week of work...just barely! I am so tired. I have to be there by 8 every day, which isn't bad, but with traffic and the fact that I have to get to the downtown area, I leave the house every morning by 6:50. (I know it sounds early to you...it IS early to me!) My class of 15 is quite an eclectic group. We all seem to get along together pretty well. I do know that this job will be like no other I have ever had and this company is like no other I have EVER worked for! I have homework to study every night. It is definitely a sales position. If you don't hit numbers you don't stay. Apparently their turn over rate is crazy high. (I think that it might have something to do with no sick days. NONE. Your sick, you come to work! You don't come in, you don't stay.) Let me put it this way, the company always has classes of 15 start. According to our teacher, the last class that she instructed two months ago...out of the 15, there are still 7 with the company. (According to her, that is a lot to make it so far!) She keeps telling us that it isn't your skill, it is your will. She will give us all of the skill and knowledge that we will need to survive and thrive, but if we aren't willing to put that skill to work, we will not be staying. I get that.

Other than that, things are going well. I am very tired and my brain is tired of working! I have plenty to do this weekend: clean, cook for the week, laundry, and get ready for the Squadron Easter party (I am co-chair with Kathleen). This coming week will be the final week of my classes at church: the Love and Respect class and the Navigators 2:7. I am certainly glad that they are almost over and not just starting, but I will be sad to not see those ladies weekly! I will try to fill you in on more later!

1 comment:

The Perkins' said...

WOW! It sounds like work is going to be pretty tough, but I know you are always up for the challenge. Take everything you have learned and go sell some AT&T! Love you!