The Hawkins Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

Life in a Day

I do believe the big 3-0 may be looking up.  I took a vacation day today...woohoo, thinking that I would be hanging with my sisters this weekend, but tickets were just too much.  So, instead I am doing laundry and counting down the minutes until I take the girls in for their big weigh-in!!  (Here is hoping that the fabulously expensive special prescription diet food is working.)  Anyway, something very cool is happening tomorrow and I wanted to share with the group.  Ridley Scott, of Black Hawk Down and Thelma and Louise fame, has teamed up with Kevin MacDonald, of The Last King of Scotland and State of Play fame, to put together a new documentary titled Life in a Day.  The theory behind it is to have an entire day on earth documented.  And that special day to be documented for 24 hours?  July 24th of course.  This is the cool thing...everyone can participate.  All you have to do is video your life (or a segment of your life) and upload it to YouTube via their special page.  There are a few rules, but it is a neat opportunity to do something that you would not normally do.  I am definitely going to go for it...how about you?


No comments: