The Hawkins Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lowe's Motor Speedway

For our anniversary I let Taris plan our trip...where ever he wanted to go. He has been dying to take me to a Nascar race, and so we headed to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC. We had a great weekend and I enjoyed my first experience witnessing all that is "race day". For those that have pre-conceived notions, let me say that these are some of the nicest fans I have ever seen. Just truly something you don't see outside of Texas. The race was Memorial Day weekend and so it was a HUGE military celebration. The only problem is that the race rained out on Sunday, so we had to go back on Monday to finish. We didn't get to see the whole race, but it was an anniversary that I will never forget. Hope that you enjoy the pictures!


All of the car trailers lined up

The Army guys starting their demonstration

Taris' favorite driver...Jimmie Johnson

Coming down the track...we were on the finish line

On Monday, in the middle of the race they stopped it, had all of the pit crews come out on pit road for a moment of silence

Putting the cover on...riding out the storm that never let up. They called the race while we were waiting in traffic.

No comments: