The Hawkins Family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And the Moving Destination is...

First let me say that I can't believe that I have finally hit 100 posts!! I wasn't sure if this would ever happen! Anyway, I know that none of you are reading this to hear about my 100th post, but I wanted to make it a special one and so I have waited to officially tell everyone in blogger land what the latest assignment is...plus Taris had to inform some family members about it first.

The big news is that we will not be moving! In fact we will be here in Pensacola for one more year! So sorry to all of you who thought that we would be joining you in the Mother Land of C-130's...Little Rock. I say we will be here meaning...me and the dogs. Taris has volunteered for a year long remote tour to teach Pilot Training with the Italians in the dessert. We weighed the options and decided that we would rather volunteer for a job that he will enjoy, than "voluntold". Plus, we decided that it would be easier to do one of these before we had kids. I should say that we have thought long and hard, weighed the pros and cons, and I have done much praying about our decision. This has not been a smooth road...lots of ups and downs, but we are excited about what this new adventure will be for us.

Taris will be headed for some training at the beginning of September for a month and will leave directly from there for Italy for two months. His tour will actually start around the end of November or early December. I will be taking a leave of absence from my job in order to spend a good month in Italy with him and we are really excited about the many weekend adventures that we will have.

I ask that you keep Taris in your prays as he heads off to do what he loves to do and for me to stay sane with a full time job and three dogs with family miles away. (I am not worried...we have awsome neighbors and a good squadron.)

When we know more, I will fill you in. Right now, Taris is trying to fit in all of the family visits that he can.

So, Happy 100th and let the adventure begin!

No comments: