The Hawkins Family

Monday, June 21, 2010

LSCU Orlando

I work for a local Credit Union.  I am officially the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer.  I had the opportunity to go to the annual League of Southeast Credit Unions conference in Orlando with my boss (the President).  We had a great time.  We arrived on Wednesday and headed home on Saturday.  I learned a TON and as soon as I get some things settled in the compliance area, I can't wait to present my ideas and get them (hopefully) implemented!  I didn't take a ton of pictures because I spent most of my days in class, but here are a few.  If you ever find yourself in Orlando and are NOT there to go to Disney, I recommend the JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton.  (They are actually connected through a walkway.)  Next time, I am going to the spa!

JW Marriott

One of the fountains

Part of the lobby

The orchid display in front of the hotel bar

Me...with the orchids

Headed to the pool.  The hotel had a lazy river that connected all of the pools.
It was awesome and SO relaxing.

Can you see the golf course?  It is in front of the forest of trees.

The rinky dink non-stop flight from Orlando to Pensacola.  This plane had 39
seats...but NO bathroom or beverage service.  Is that legal?  The flight should
have been cheaper!

Me...trying to survive the plane ride.

No comments: