The Hawkins Family

Monday, July 14, 2008

Going back to hitting the books

No...you are not seeing a mirage! After several years of wanting to go back to college and get my education, I am finally taking the plunge. No fancy university for me...I am going the more practical route. I am going to attend a local school that specializes in becoming a Medical Assistant. Nothing glamorous, but I have been dieing to get back into the medical field and this will allow me to take the first step...not to mention a little job security! I am very excited. I am hoping to start August 11th, but that all depends on financial aid...and that all depends on our CPA getting our taxes done. (I know what you are thinking= it is July, what taxes?) We have yet to file our 2007 federal income taxes...and I have finally gathered up everything that we are going to need to take to the CPA. (And just for the record: I am not so lazy that I refuse to do the taxes myself, but with a rental house with many tax write-off expenses, we need all the help that we can get!) Anyway, if August doesn't work out...September here we come! I am getting so excited. I need to get my brain back into shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you and I have no doubts that you will be able to jump back into school and handle it fabulously.

D

The Perkins' said...

That is so wonderful! You have always loved the medical field, so I know you will do great! I am so proud of you for taking the plung back to school. Good luck and Congratulations!