The Hawkins Family

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Snorkeling with the Rogers

Alexis and Ashley (my sister and brother-in-law) were on a cruise thru the Hawaiian islands and when it was discovered that we were moving to Oahu, they were able to extend their trip and spend an extra couple of days with us touring Oahu.  We had quite a full few days planned.  They got off of the boat at 8 am and we were off to Ko'Olina for some snorkeling.  (For those that know me, you know that I DON'T swim...at all.  So to say that I was looking forward to this trip would be slightly inaccurate.)  The Ko'Olina area is a beautiful area that is literally down the road from us.  The snorkeling was great and I think that everyone had a great time.  We saw a ton of fish, great sea turtles, and even some dolphins!  I took a ton of pictures of our little adventure....you have been warned.



The area that we took off from


First dolphins spotted


Getting ready to go in

Had my life jacket on the whole time



Alexis ready to go in


Ashley getting ready for snorkel #2



Attempt #1 to float with the dolphins


Getting ready to go over the edge and hang with dolphins


Floating with the dolphins next to them...and underneath them



Boat from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie

No comments: