The Hawkins Family

Monday, November 30, 2009

Pumpkin, Pecan, Chocolate, oh my!

It is Whitt-Byers tradition (now that we are old enough) to go to Maw-maw's house the Wednesday of Thanksgiving to make pies for Turkey Day.  It was nice to not be the one "going it alone"...Taris is not a recipe follower...not really suitable for baking.  The one thing Maw-maw insists on doing is making the crust from scratch.  Some times it comes out perfectly, some times not...oh the joy of making and molding crust!  Enough of the monologue...here are the pictures from the day!


Maw-maw and Alexis working on the pies



Isn't this apron flattering?!?!  It seems to accent in ALL the right places...ruffles were never my thing.



Mom working on the pecan pie



Starting to work the crust



Maw-maw working her magic with Ma's crust recipe

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the finished pies because I left to have lunch with my friend Kera.  I promise they looked great and tasted even better!

No comments: