The Hawkins Family

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas from Waikiki

Taris and I spent Christmas at home and alone this year.  It was quiet, but a nice change of pace for us.  Since it was just the two of us, I opted not to cook and we headed down to Waikiki for dinner at one of the fancy little restaurants on the strip.  We ate "dinner" (at 4pm) at Wolgang Puck's Steakhouse.  It was absolutely wonderful!  We enjoyed the atmosphere, the company of the two of us, and of course all of the amazing food.  Believe it or not, I did not take one picture of us at the restaurant.  We finished in time to take a walk on the beach to watch the sun set over the ocean.  It certainly was not our typical Christmas and most definately not the weather we are used to, but we both loved not having to bust out our winter coats to head outside.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Hi Estee, stopping by from Kelly's military link up. We were station on Oahu two duty stations ago (we are in San Diego now, moved here from Michigan this past summer) and reading about your Christmas reminded me SO much of the Christmas my husband and I shared in 2007 in Waikiki. Hope you enjoy your time there, I hope so badly we can return one day! Nice to meet you!