The Hawkins Family

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday




It is family tradition to be those "crazy people", as my mother in law would say, to wait in line, fight the crowds, and get the deals.  I took a newbie to the Black Friday adventure out with me.  Our first stop was Toys R Us.  They were scheduled to to open at 10 pm on Thanksgiving.  We arrived at 9:30, saw the massive line, and decided to forget about it.  So, we headed over early to Target.  Now, Target didn't open until 5 am the next day, but we were there and in line by 11 pm.  We both got everything that we were shopping for and headed over to Belk.  They had a great sale on clothes, so I stocked up for all of the kids.  Needless to say, I had all of my shopping done and I was back home in bed by 8:30.  The one thing that I have learned is that I am getting too old to be staying up all night to get the deals.  Happy Black Friday and bring on Cyber Monday!!

No comments: