The Hawkins Family

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What have we been up to?

Unfortunately this will be an unexciting post...no pictures, but I will try to be short and sweet.  It has been a crazy chunk of time.  Taris has been running around like a crazy person to get all of his deployment stuff done before he leaves for New Jersey.  As of last Thursday, he still didn't have orders for his month away...which was to start on Tuesday!  Another adventure of being an Air Force person stationed with the Navy and how to input everything into the computer system.  On Friday at 3:00, Taris finally had orders cut, but to my surprise the flight was on Monday.  So Sunday was spent packing, getting last minute stuff from the squadron, and laundry.  I dropped Taris off at the airport at 5:30 AM...his flight was at 6:30.  He arrived in one piece and actually knows someone at the school from Dyess.  He survived day one of class (today) and is having a pretty good time.  (Or as he likes to put it...death by power point, which I quickly reminded him what branch of service he was in and their LOVE for power point.)  The dogs and I are holding down the fort here at home and I am actually getting some sleep (which is always a bonus).

Hopefully I will have pictures soon.  I sent Taris with a camera (actually 2) so he has no excuses.

No comments: